1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problem with bluetooth speaker and wifi

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MikeAndSal, Aug 21, 2012.

1. MikeAndSal

MikeAndSal Lurker

I'm sure that I can't be the only person to have this problem, but I'm unable to stream music to a bluetooth speaker without the music cutting out every few seconds. Doesn't matter if I'm streaming from the internet or my PC, it just fails to play correctly.

For example, I can use Tunein Radio app to listen to a radio station and it plays fine via the internal speakers. Connect to the bluetooth speaker and it will cut out within a few seconds - TuneIn is buffering at this point.

If I play music held on the Nexus itself through the speaker then there's no problem - it's only a problem when streaming.

If I use Tunein on my phone to stream to the bluetooth speaker then it works fine - no buffering, streams perfectly. Therefore not network interference between bluetooth and wifi?

Phoned Google - they couldn't help but they did agree to send out a replacement Nexus - same problem.

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this problem? One of the main reasons for buying the tablet was to stream music from my PC, but it seems incapable of using bluetooth and wifi at the same time.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DanielM426

DanielM426 Android Enthusiast

I have no issue with streaming to my Jambox with Pandora. If I understand what you're saying, you had TWO N7 with this problem? Sounds like a problem with the processor staying in sleep mode and not being able to handle wifi and bluetooth streams. That situation seems highly unlikely though being that it happened on two separate tabs.

3. strollin

strollin Well-Known Member

Likewise, I don't experience issues streaming Pandora radio thru a Motorola BT speaker from my N7.

4. lucky013

lucky013 Well-Known Member

I have this same problem. Bluetooth makes WiFi stutter.

5. homey

homey Well-Known Member

I have no problem using bluetooth and wifi to stream music to my Bose Soundlink. I've used the combination for many, many hours never had a problem at all!

6. jairusz

jairusz Newbie