• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with brightness (I need to disable light sensor)

Han_Solo

Lurker
Jun 18, 2014
First of all, hello everybody from Madrid (Spain), this is my first message.

I have a Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 since March 2014, which is running Android 4.2.2, and I have its auto brightness disabled, but it doesn't work properly. I mean, sometimes, specially when there is a strong light source in the environment (for example, the Sun), the brightness suddenly drops. It happens not only because of the Sun but also because of the train lights or whatever and in those cases it's very annoying for me.

I want to disable the light sensor at all in order to avoid this problem because I don't really use it, it's very annoyng for me.

Does anybody know how to disable it by any app or by any other way? Do you know about any similar report? Is it a software problem? Is it solved in Android latest versions?

I have to say I have already re-installed the OEM software (not by rooting but by the settings functionality), but it didn't work neither.

Thanks in advance!

Regards.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones