1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

problem with call answering after 2.3 upgrade

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by oleg88, Sep 6, 2011.

1. oleg88

oleg88 Lurker

hi, i have upgraded to 2.3 and i have problem to answer calls when my phone is in my pocket, the phone all the time mistakenly answers or reject calls by itself, (because of the vertical slider).

what can i do?

i tried to install Easy Answer Button Free from the market

but it says :"This app is incompatible with your Orange HTC HTC Desire."

what can i do?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Foxhunter123

Foxhunter123 Newbie

I have the same problem as you and it is driving me mad! How difficult can it be to make some software without these problems! Argh!

3. Foxhunter123

Foxhunter123 Newbie

Can it really be true that we are only 2 people experieng this problem...? I thougt that maybe it was a general problem after updating to Htc 2.3? :thinking:

Please answer if you also have the problem - and or even better if there is a solution... ;)

I have tried to put the phone in my pocket upside-down, but this doesn't help... :(

4. anzi

anzi Newbie

I have this problem too. This started after the update. almost every call gets answered or rejected, if the phone is in my pocket. I don't remember this happening at all on 2.2. I just took my screen protector off to see if that would make any difference.

5. Fishyweb

Fishyweb Android Enthusiast

There's a thread somewhere on this forum about an app that improves the functionality of the proximity sensor, to avoid this problem. Do a search for "pcoket" and you'll probably find it.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews