1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Problem with camera on HTC Desire Z

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smileycat16, Jun 1, 2011.

1. smileycat16

smileycat16 Lurker
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    When I got my HTC Desire Z about six weeks ago, the camera worked fine - I could take photos, upload them to facebook, and come back later and view photos I have taken previously. Now however when I try to view photos I have taken earlier - eg yesterday, or two weeks ago - some of the pictures are missing. Other pictures- quite a few in fact - won't open and when I scroll through, just show a blank screen with a little square in the middle with what looks like a dot and two lines, and an exclamation mark next to it. I'm guessing these photos have been corrupted in some way - does anyone know why this might have happened, what I can do to stop it from happening again, and if there is any way to restore the missing photos? Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Try unmounting the sdcard (Settings/Storage/Unmount sd card) then remount it. This will trigger a rescan for new media and your photos may reappear.

OrdinaryDay likes this.
  3. Gemnastics

Gemnastics Lurker
    None

Jul 3, 2011
    Hey guys, I saw the answer to this on another thread. Someone had called HTC and they recommended a 'soft reset' where you remove the battery while the phone is still on, then put it back in. I just tried it and it worked - all my photos came back.

4. brian ferry

brian ferry Lurker
    None

Aug 23, 2011
    security
    harrogate
    This is all very well,but a phone of this quality and price shouldnt be messing up like this,i may send mine back!the camera was the main reason as im a keen photographer..not much use if they keep vansihing and its been nearly a year since i saw the same fault reperted!!!and its still happening???come on htc get your act together!!!

Tags: