• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with Capacitative buttons

sanjay13

Lurker
Jun 14, 2013
Hello,

I am using a Acer Liquid Metal S120 for the past 14 mnths now running on Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
I have had no trouble with it yet except for the normal internal memory hassles as I still haven't rooted.

However, recently my phone is displaying some very strange behavior. My capacitative buttons work fine when I'm in the office or malls or theaters ; just about any air conditioned place.

However, as soon as I reach home they go dead. They do not respond at all, so much so that I have to restart my phone to switch between apps as there is no Back or Home button.

Has anyone ever encountered this before??? Its completely crazy... I dont know if its the light or the temperature or pressure or humidity that affects the capacitative buttons in my office but they just refuse to work like 30 minutes after i step out of office.

Please help...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones