1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Problem with contacts and call log

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Kardell, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Kardell

Kardell Lurker
    None

Mar 14, 2016
    Male
    Hi All,

I hope you are well.

I have a serious issue with my contacts.

I have Android 6.0.1, CM13.0-20160802-NIGHTLY. and the latest Open Gapps.

All was working fine for some time, but eventually I have noticed that my dialer is not showing contact names and something is preventing my contacts from being saved.

In Contacts app I cannot even choose between Local phone or Google account for contact's storage.

When I save a new contact it is not saving it, I can see that Google account is set to sync (in Settings -> Accounts) and it is syncing all the information.

I can see a whole list of contacts on the contacts list though.

I have upgraded CM several times since then hoping that this will resolve the issue. I have also reinstalled Open Gapps several times as well.

I have cleared Dalvik and other cache, fixed permissions on any partition I could, still the same.

I was forced to use TrueDialer to show me contact names on the call log, but I don't like this app. When people call me it is only showing their number and no associated contact information.

I thought that maybe Zoiper is causing some conflicts as this app can integrate with your dialer, but when uninstalled the issue is still there.

Please advise.

Thank you

Advertisement

#1 Kardell, Sep 3, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016