1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

problem with contacts app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gayscoffier, Sep 20, 2011.

1. gayscoffier

gayscoffier Newbie
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    For the last few months google sync hadnt veen working for me for somereason. Last night i figured out to fix that and once it started working again i started having problems. After painstakingly cleaning up my contacts list, clearing the app of data and reimporting to the app, google sync started working and my 352 contacts started to upload. When it started syncing from my gmail everything got screwed up. I went from 352 contacts to nearly 500 and i found that some of my contacts that i may have linked together, suddenly had as many as 10 or 12 contacts linked to them. Some contacts were then duplicated, nearly filling up my phone. I went through and fixed them again, and ran google sync and then i have 670 contacts and my contacts is using even more space. Then a third time and i have 852 contacts, but the amount of space used went down by half a mb. This is really starting piss me off - does anyone else know what is going on? For the year and a half that i had google sync working i never had a problem with it, yesterday i finally get it working and its like is trying to irritate me.

Btw is there an app for this forum on the market? Ive used this forum as a resource for a while and think i remembered seeing one but cant find it now...

Advertisement

2. rtb35

rtb35 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 2, 2010
  3. spile

spile Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 18, 2010
    I'd recommend a sync application such as the excellent (and free) MyPhoneExplorer

4. gayscoffier

gayscoffier Newbie
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    Thanks, ill look into that.

Tags: