1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

problem with email

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Sawyer815, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Sawyer815

Sawyer815 Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2012
    hello,

I've recently (last week) acquired a galaxy s2. I'm pretty satisfied with it even though I had a iphone before.
    I have one problem though: the emails of my inboxes are not automatically fetched. When I go to the inbox, the text on the bottom keeps saying 'refreshing', but nothing happens. The email account was set correctly though, because android was able to fetch some emails. Similarly, for a few minutes after the phone boots (starts), it is working and retrieves the emails. But after some time, it just doesn't work anymore, and keeps saying 'refreshing'. I haven't done anything unusual with the phone just yet, it's not even rooted. I use it for wifi tethering, but I doubt this is relevant.

Please help me.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Sawyer815

Sawyer815 Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2012
    Can someone help me please?

3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All tab > scroll to and open Gmail (or whatever your default email app is) > clear data.

Then reopen the app. This sometimes happens with new phones.

4. Fafafooey

Fafafooey Newbie
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    I too switched to a GS2 from an iPhone last week. Had iPhones for the last 3 yrs, was satisfied, but my iPhone 4 died from a power surge. So far, I really like the GS2.

I used to occasionally have the problem you described with my iPhone. Which app are you using for email? Since I use GMail, I have tried the GMail app but also found the K-9 email app to work well.