1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Problem with Exchange account, email option not available.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cjt20one, Aug 1, 2011.

1. cjt20one

cjt20one Newbie
    None

Aug 23, 2010
    CT
    I'm dealing with an Ally for a client, never used this phone before but have used plenty of Droids and own an EVO 4G myself.

Apparently the client picked up his phone over the weekend, went to check his Exchange account and was prompted to enter the typical credentials to set up a new account on the phone. I figured 'no big deal', I'll just re-enter all of his information and we'll be fine since ActiveSync is a breeze on Droids.

I put in all of the correct information and the Ally accepted it. I went into the Settings > Accounts & Sync and looked at the Exchange account and the only two options listed to sync were contacts and calendar, mysteriously the email option was not there. Since I've never worked with this phone I have no idea if this is normal or not. I know on my EVO 'Email' is listed as an option to sync along with contacts and calendar.

So at this point I go into check his Exchange account on the phone and of course the Inbox is empty. Now the weird part is that I compose a new message and send it to myself and I instantly get it. I check the sent items on his phone and the folder is blank. I reply to the test message and the phone does not receive it but he receives it on his desktop.

I tried deleting/re-adding his account and rebooted the phone and neither worked. At this point I'm at a loss, never seen this before with ActiveSync on a Droid.

Summary: the "corporate" ActiveSync/Exchange account is effed, the option to sync email from this account does not appear, all email folders are empty for this account.

Thoughts?

Advertisement

Tags: