• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with fastboot in LG G3 vigor

klmop1

Lurker
Aug 30, 2020
Hello.

I have a problem with my mobile (LG G3 vigor LS885 sprint), You can see to image "Pic_1" which appear this problem when I try to reboot the mobile whereas show some lines about fastboot and I want to alert you about the mobile not show on PC (only show a message about connecting with unknow device) though I installed some drivers LG mobile on PC.
I searched about this problem and I tried to solve it by some solves, such as: make a factory reset for the mobile but show alert about can't format the mobile, then I tried to access to download mode but in it showed same these lines (please see to image: Pic_2), also I tried use LGUP but I can't use it because not access to the port after connected mobile with PC, also I used ADB but here also mobile not show after wrote a command: adb devices, and if I want to reboot mobile in this state then this process not completed (please see to image: Pic_3), and also I changed the mobile battery.

Please help me to solve this problem.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Pic_1.jpg
    Pic_1.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 242
  • Pic_2.jpg
    Pic_2.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 215
  • Pic_3.jpg
    Pic_3.jpg
    493.7 KB · Views: 222
The screen is cracked, did the problem start when you dropped it. Anyway, the' Data, Abort Halting' and a register dump looks like phone is badly corrupted. to get a register dump like that I'd think that the Linux kernel that Android runs on has become corrupt. As you can get into fastboot and use ADB, you may be able to reflash with the original firmware from LG.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Thank you for your responce, About the screen was cracked since some of months but the mobile was worked is good and in this month the battery is finished so I tried recharge it but this problem is began in that time.
Please tell me or explen how to can solve this problem because I told in previws reply the PC can't see the mobile and so that adb not complete.

Thanks

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums @klmop1 :)

My familiarity is with Samsung's and not LG's but maybe this will help.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...0-update/38623c01-f53f-4d41-97c3-c46cb2e1b781

"After a little research, in device manager, I right clicked, went to Update Driver, Browse my computer for driver software, Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer, and selected one of the two "MTP USB Device" rather than "MTP Device". That got me back up and running.

The update installs the drivers but not select the correct one to install, you have to do that.

The "MTP USB Device" is the one to select"

Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums @klmop1 :)

My familiarity is with Samsung's and not LG's but maybe this will help.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...0-update/38623c01-f53f-4d41-97c3-c46cb2e1b781

"After a little research, in device manager, I right clicked, went to Update Driver, Browse my computer for driver software, Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer, and selected one of the two "MTP USB Device" rather than "MTP Device". That got me back up and running.

The update installs the drivers but not select the correct one to install, you have to do that.

The "MTP USB Device" is the one to select"

Hello

I'm using windows 7 (Not 10) and if I connecting the mobile with PC then I will see in devices manager unknown device but after some seconds, it will hidden from devices manager even though the mobile is stilling connect with the PC.

Thank you

Upvote 0
Hello

I'm using windows 7 (Not 10) and if I connecting the mobile with PC then I will see in devices manager unknown device but after some seconds, it will hidden from devices manager even though the mobile is stilling connect with the PC.

Thank you

Using Widows 7 may or may not be the cause but it is a bit antiquated. I read this

"After a little research, in device manager, I right clicked, went to Update Driver, Browse my computer for driver software, Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer, and selected one of the two "MTP USB Device" rather than "MTP Device". That got me back up and running."

Its worth a try, if that fails update Windows on pc.

The "MTP USB Device" is the one to select

Upvote 0
Using Widows 7 may or may not be the cause but it is a bit antiquated. I read this

"After a little research, in device manager, I right clicked, went to Update Driver, Browse my computer for driver software, Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer, and selected one of the two "MTP USB Device" rather than "MTP Device". That got me back up and running."

Its worth a try, if that fails update Windows on pc.

The "MTP USB Device" is the one to select

Hello,
I tried to connect mobile with PC include Win10 but repeat the same thing (no port and no device) and I didn't found "MTP USB Device".
Please see to attach image.

Thank you

Attachments

• Pic_4.jpg
    Pic_4.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 198
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones