• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problem with FlashRec

Slug, even I did think in that way but further following those steps (mentioned in that procedure), there is another nandroid backup. So I got confused.

Step 6: You should now be in the custom recovery mode. Select the Nandroid Backup option in order to create a backup of your current ROM.

Are those two backups different?

Upvote 0
Are those two backups different?

Oh yes! :)

A Nandroid backup is the best insurance against mishap, as it is a complete image of your handset at the point of backup. The ROM, apps, data, recovery image.... everything is saved in this. Restoring it returns your handset to the exact state it was in when th backup was made.

In contrast, the FlashRec backup is only of the standard (or current) recovery image.

Upvote 0
I noticed that the latest version of FlashRec (available through Market) was preventing me from flashing anything. The solution was to download a previous version from here: Downloads - flashrec - Project Hosting on Google Code

Download and install flashrec-20090815.apk from the above site and try that.

Its an early version which does not include the 'Backup before you flash' feature.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones