1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Problem with flytomap (Florida) and GPS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chewedpup, Sep 6, 2011.

1. chewedpup

chewedpup Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 18, 2010
    I recently purchased flytomap and downloaded the Florida chart - it has great potential, but this weekend on Saturday (three days ago), the GPS refused to work. The GPS itself was fine, because I tried using it on google navigation, and it appeared immediately and in fact I used GN to navigate the intracoastal waterways - while the flytomap app just would not budge. According to flytomap, I was stuck stationary, not moving, even though I traveled about 15 miles by boat through the canals. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it twice (losing all my previously set waypoints - bah humbug - wish I could back those up to my computer), and it still didn't work, while my "maps" app and "google nav" worked just perfectly. Anyway - last night I tried using it again and it seemed to work OK this time - so I set it to save the track while I went up and down the new river, in and out of canals - and noticed that for a lot of the time, I was apparently, according to the GPS, going over land. Obviously it's not a HUGE problem because I know I was in the canal, in water - but it bothers me that the GPS is off-center like that - something seems to be wrong. My GPS is spot on with google navigation - but it just seems flytomap doesn't have it set properly and the developer takes AGES to respond - so I am now trying the android forum. Anyone got any ideas?
    THANK YOU

Advertisement

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    If your Google land navigation is spot on I would say it is something in the flytomap app settings, your best bet is to send the support team another email and if they don't reply then ask for a credit on the app you purchased, there are other apps out that do the samething. ;)

marctronixx likes this.
  3. chewedpup

chewedpup Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 18, 2010
    I have written them several emails and they don't respond. It's a shame - it could be a really good app but if they can't be bothered to respond, then what good is it? I also write for a couple of sailing magazines and this is my next article - was going to give it rave reviews - but now, it's not going to be a very positive article at all. All they needed to do was respond - that's not too much to ask? There are some really good features, but also a lot of problems, and they obviously don't care about customer support - shame. I will still use it, it wasn't expensive, but will look for another app to use and write a positive article about - these days, with such great android phones, it makes sense to get a good gps app to use. I MUST MUST MUST say though, that when I was using the GPS app on my phone on the boat, I was getting splashed with water (waves) - so thought hey, time to get a waterproof case for it - and I found one that is absolutely UNBELIEVABLE - it is a vacuum case that if you want to, you can buy waterproof earbuds so that you can swim WITH your iphone or smartphone and listen to music at the same time (IF you want to) - but this case is unbelievable - the touchscreen on my phone works just as well with it on as without, which is saying something - and it protect the phone brilliantly - here's a link if anyone is interested as it is well worth buying if you are a boater or swimmer and want to use your phone. It says it's waterproof to 100 feet - I haven't tried that - it has fallen in the water and was fine - this is a good case.

Amazon.com: DryCASE Water-Proof Case for iPhone, iPod, Smartphones, and More (DC-13): Electronics

4. SupportTeam

SupportTeam Lurker
    None

Dec 5, 2011
    Hi!
    I am a member of the FlyToMap support team and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused by the app malfunctioning.
    In times past we experienced some problems with the running of the customer support, but now we are at your disposal for any issue regarding our apps.
    Please send an email to the following address: support-android@flytomap.com with all the malfunctioning details and we will solve the problem as soon as possible!

Tags: