1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Problem with Ford Sync and certain ROM's

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by calaski8123, Jun 5, 2011.

1. calaski8123

calaski8123 Member
    None

May 13, 2010
    I have a rooted HTC Incredible and I have played with a few of the ROM's out there, mainly CM, Sky Raider and Virtuous. I also have a 2011 Ford Mustang with Sync which is awesome. Problem is that certain ROM's I load do not work correctly with the Sync features. I find this odd since sometimes it is different versions of the same ROM. For example, I currently have Sky Raider 3.5 and everything works fine. If I install CM or Sky Raider 4.0, I have problems with the built in GPS and directions through Sync services.

With the CM ROM Sync would find my location, but disconnect the phone call as soon as it started to download... With Sky Raider 4.0 Sync cannot find my location at all and cannot seem to access the GPS in the car... I assume it is the GPS in the car that sends my location thru my phone?

Anyway, If I go back to Virtuous or SR 3.5, everything works fine. I really would like to try these other ROM's... but the fact that they will not work with Sync is a deal breaker. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Are there settings or something I can change? I have searched everywhere.

Jim

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    Are you using titanium to restore bluetooth profiles? Or are you creating new ones in the car and phone when you flash a new rom?

3. calaski8123

calaski8123 Member
    None

May 13, 2010
    Hi,

I can try to restore the bluetooth settings via Titanium, but I made new connections through the car. I had to make it discoverable and then put the PIN in that Sync gives me to make a new connection.

I'll try to restore the connections today see if that helps.

Jim

4. calaski8123

calaski8123 Member
    None

May 13, 2010
    I tried to restore the BT connections and it still will not work. I obviously cannot call Ford because they will just blame the root aspect of my phone. I really don't know how to troubleshoot this. The phone obviously works because stock and with the Virtuous and the older version of SkyRaider are fine. Its just the new version of SkyRaider and CM7 that do not work.

Are there any other Ford Sync users that are using these ROM's with Sync? Maybe it is a setting that I am overlooking? I doubt that but I really would like to keep this version of SkyRaider.

On a side note, I;m not against trying other ROMs but I really am preferential to the Sense dialer and bottom buttons. I don't care for the other launchers and I have yet to find a dialer that is as good, which amazes me. Can anyone recommend another good ROM that uses the Sense dialer or can I add the Sense dialer to a Senseless ROM? I've tried some of the Market dialers but they aren't even close.

Jim