1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

problem with google music

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by *idroid*, Dec 21, 2011.

1. *idroid*

*idroid* Newbie

Just got my Verizon GN and google music sounds like crap. It plays fine with the screen on and when the screen is off it has a lot of popping and clicking sounds. It doesn't matter if im on wifi, 3g, or 4g even does it if i download it to play offline. Is anybody else having this problem? Again its only with the screen off

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

Screen is off and its playing just fine on wifi, 3g and 4g.

3. *idroid*

*idroid* Newbie

hope im not the only one with this problem cause i really like the phone but this is a deal breaker for me. My OG droid plays google music just fine on the same wifi connection

4. Not to sound mean, but I hope you ARE the only one with the problem. That means you got a lemon and should go get a replacement.

5. *idroid*

*idroid* Newbie

ha your right i wouldn't wish this on anyone but it pisses me off cause my old phone is playing it just fine.

6. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

I'm kinda wondering if you have something running in the background that could be causing this.

7. *idroid*

*idroid* Newbie

well i just uninstalled the update and downloaded google music update again. It seems to be working fine for now but now im missing a few albums

8. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

Sucks you are missing albums, I know how painfully slow they upload.

9. *idroid*

*idroid* Newbie

to get all my albums back i had to force close the app and clear data. Seems to be working fine now.

10. *idroid*

*idroid* Newbie

spoke to soon its doing the same thing again

11. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

Uninstall the update again, download it again then don't say anything this time :D

prostang and nashfh like this.
  12. babyhuyx

babyhuyx Newbie

I believe this was discussed in another forum where a lot of people were getting crackling noises while playing music with the screen sleeping. I fixed this by downloading SetCPU, and maxing out the lower end feq to max. and set to performance. Seemed to have to do with the GnEX ICS not allowing enough buffer size or something like that o.o/

13. *idroid*

*idroid* Newbie

it works fine without the update

14. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Android Enthusiast

My Nexus sounds just as good as my iPod when playing music, but all my music is local. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Sounds the same whether the screen is asleep or awake

15. *idroid*

*idroid* Newbie

its only with the newest google music update and with the screen off that the problem occurs. all is good without the update

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews