• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with Google Tracks

Up until yesterday, Google My Tracks has been a brilliant app and I was going to give it 5 stars. I installed the update yesterday, and can no longer upload my maps to either Google Maps or Google Docs.

When I first tried uploading, I was asked whether the app should have access to Google Maps, Google Docs and Google Spreadsheet. I allowed all three.

I have tried using wi-fi and 3G, but get an error every time. I've tried recording a new track, but this also fails to upload. All other apps can access the web OK, so my web connection isn't a problem. I can access Google My Maps on my PC, so my login is still valid.

Does anybody else use Google My Tracks? Has anybody else experienced this problem since updating? Is there any way of rolling back to the previous version of an app?

Up until yesterday, Google My Tracks has been a brilliant app and I was going to give it 5 stars. I installed the update yesterday, and can no longer upload my maps to either Google Maps or Google Docs.

I noticed this yesterday, thought I was doing something different :thinking:

Rob, just a question, what settings do you use on My Tracks? such as - Split frequency, min/max time between points, minimum accuracy ect. as I've had a few issues with distances and speed being way out.

thanks Paul

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones