• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with home screen

Akradon

Lurker
Jun 24, 2010
I've just got a samsung galaxy portal. Just started setting up, now the wallpaper on my phone (which i changed to a motorbike) is constantly swapping round from:

picture of bike > edge of bike > black > back to start.

It's not stopping long enough on the menu screen to let me select anything, I can just about get into my contacts, but cant get the home screen up or anything.

Anyone have any ideas?

Here's a photo of a bike I took at the Isle of Man TT earlier this month, I'm using it as wallpaper with no issues (just make it full size with the frame in the wallpaper picture installer) and see if that works on your phone OK. If it does it must be the picture your using. Click the picture to open it then right click and choose save as and stick it on your desktop.

Pete

Attachments

• hutchyandroid.JPG
    hutchyandroid.JPG
    214 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 0
There are a couple of ways to copy files over.

Once I had upgraded to 2.1 JD1, I could receive files via bluetooth.

You can remove the sd card from your phone, put it into a micro sd card adapter, and then put that into a card reader that is connected to your pc, and access the sd card via my computer on the windows start menu, just cut and paste away.

You can also plug your phone into the pc via usb cable, you will need to have kies installed or new samsung personal studio, to have the right drivers so your pc can detect the phone properly. Also once connected, on your phone, goto the notifications area and click on usb connection to mount the phones sd card. Now you should find the sd drive in my computer from start menu, or load kies and that should detect the card.

Upvote 0
Well that was a waste of time! Took well over an hour to do the update and I still can't get the pic onto my phone using kies. When I tried to tranfer it onto the phone a message comes on the screen saying 'external memory is not available. Please insert a memory card to transfer file'......it has a memory card in it!?! I've ended up, emailing it to the gmail account I use on the phone, so I do finally have the pic I wanted as my wallpaper but have had to go a really backwards way about it...........anyone else had a problem with kies or is it just me thats simple? :/

Upvote 0
Yea, it goers something like this.

Load Kies
Plug phone into PC
Phone is partially detected by Kies
On your phone you should have the USB symbol - drag down the notification area
Select the USB notification
Select option to mount SD card as a USB drive
Almost immediately you should get an autoplay window pop up on your PC screen - now you can view the sd cards files/folders through your PC easily ;)

Reactions: Twistedfairyqueen
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones