• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with hotmail

doc1964

Android Enthusiast
Oct 13, 2010
Scotland
Have had my Samsung galaxy s now for a few weeks. It is UK version on 3 network. I have hotmail account added to it and up to recently it would connect and download hotmail emails. This stopped a few days ago and i cannot figure out why. Found some other posts stating there can be issues with hotmail but no solutions. Anyone got any ideas.
Thanks for any help offered.

Hi,

How are you connecting your phone to hotmail? Have you tried setting it up through exchange? I tried Hotmail without exchange and it was very intermittent. Try setting it up using exchange, it's not officially supported in 2.1 but I've not had any problems with it. Use m.hotmail.com as the incoming server. My email is being pushed fine and works no problem now.

Hope this is some help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones