1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Problem with HTC Dev bootloader unlock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nigsy, Apr 23, 2012.

1. nigsy

nigsy Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Oracle Consultant
    Devon
    Trying to root a wildfire s with the HTC dev tool. I understand that the S-OFF route I would normally take is closed, or so I'm lead to believe.

Installed the RUU but failing at the next step where I need to past the 'Token' into the provided screen. I get the following error:

We're sorry, but it appears your attempt to unlock the bootloader on this device has failed. This could be caused by several factors including simple errors in the entry of the unlock token, problems with your device, or a lack of manufacturer support for the unlocking process. Please see the specific error code listed below, and try again if necessary.

Error Code: Invalid Bootloader Token Length.
    Error Reason: The submitted Token appears to be the wrong length and won\'t work.

Flagged it with HTC and they just redirected me to their FAQ's which consists of about 5 totally irrelevant questions.

So...anyone know a way around this? Is there a way to root this baby without HTC's tool?

And Version: 2.3.5
    HTC Senses: 2.1
    SWare: 2.13.401.3

Current Bootloader:

HBOOT 1.09.0099

Advertisement

2. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Android Expert
    None

Dec 8, 2011
    Male
    Pursat, Cambodia
    It appears that you have an A510e, so S-OFF isn't an option for you. Make sure that you're not adding any spaces in the token as they will make it too long.

nigsy likes this.
  3. nigsy

nigsy Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Oracle Consultant
    Devon
    Spaces :eek:

1 space at the beginning of every line!! Token submitted, so now off to get root access!

Cheers.