1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Problem with HTC Hero

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by vexonie, Sep 20, 2012.

1. vexonie

vexonie New Member

Sep 20, 2012
    hello everyone,im new here so sorry if im not in a good thread. this is my problem:
    i got a used htc hero today,it was in a good condition,everything working jut fine,for like 4-5 hours,then i wanted to factory reset my phone. i did everything just turned out fine,but when i wanted to go to market,it said i need gmail first. so i just started typing in my gmail... then suddenly my touch wasnt working. i presed the power buton,then agian and unlocked it,then it was working again. it works for 5-6 letters,then does it again. when im browsing through the phone or net everything is working,but soon as i go to type in something touch just stops working,sometimes the ball thingy(sorry i dont know what its called,used for navigation without touch) stops working,but sometimes work. the phone WAS working before the reset. i await your answer,regrads.

Advertisement

2. Daniel Jones

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Apps Developer
    India
    Hey vexonie
    Try restoring your phone from safe mode.
    Shut down you phone and Press volume down + power button. You cellphone will start in safe mode, reboot from there. May be your issue will get resolved.

3. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    first try .. reboot..

try changing the Keyboard.

4. vexonie

vexonie New Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Dear Derren,
    I said in my problem that the factory ret DID the problm. my touch in the keyboard isnt working since i did the factory reset.
    Hello Dan
    as you probably know ht hero is a touch mobile phone,so changing the keyboard would mean that i change the whole touch.
    And Daniel
    I just turned off myphone,started it in safe mode(when it turned on in the bottom left corner it wrote safe mode) i factory reeted it and still the same problem.
    Anyways,thanks for your help guys,but looks like my touch isnt working,but its really a strange problem cuz its only not working in keyboard.

5. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    it might be the software keyboard issue...
    i am suggesting that you download a new/different software keyboard and see if that helps.

i use swiftkey. it is awesome.

6. vexonie

vexonie New Member

Sep 20, 2012
    hello again, just now i wanted to install wiftkey,but it said i cant open it(probably cuz im 1.5 firmware) so i rooted my htc and installed firmware version 2.1 when the installation completed,i rbeooted my phone and i saw that my whole touch isnt working. it later came good, but the touch again doesnt work,so 10 secs works, 10 doesnt. i really dont know what to do,looks like its a touch problem.

7. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Let me correct one error from earlier in the thread: factory reset does not erase the sd card (I've done it more times than I care to count!). But you probably found that out yourself.

I am suspecting that you actually have a hardware problem. Factory reset just erases user apps and settings, leaving only the system software. And installing a new ROM has replaced everything that the factory reset didn't! So that doesn't leave much room for a software cause for this.