1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Problem with HTC Sync (with Outlook)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sohck, Oct 25, 2009.

1. sohck

sohck New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Hi,

I am using an HTC Magic (Firmware version 1.5) and I am having problems syncing the contacts with Microsoft Outlook (on Windows XP).

After I initiated a sync, the phone will reboot itself (after a couple of minutes, during the stage "Preparing data from your phone") and return the error "2 General" "No connection to the phone".

I have done "Factory data reset" a few times. Every time I have done the factory reset, it will work for a while and then the problem will come back again.

Any help to solve the problem is appreciated.

Advertisement

2. va3jlf

va3jlf Member

Sep 14, 2009
    I had similar problems with HTC Sync. IT just doesn't work well enough and I finally gave up. When it did sync, it would also give me lots of duplicates. Others have also had similar experiences.

What I did in the end was to purchase Companionlink for Google, it's around $40US. It works like a charm, does contacts, calendar, tasks and notes and the the support people are very good. You might want to give this a try. You can evaluate the program for 14 days before deciding to buy. The site is www.companionlink.com. What I do with mine is to use Companionlink to sync Outlook with Gmail contacts and then Google pushes the contacts to the phone. It works really well.

Tags: