• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with Keyboard on HTC Legend-Israel

x_alisonb_x

Lurker
Nov 19, 2010
I've recently bought a Legend in Israel where I live. I've got the language set to English, but its got a muli lingual keyboard attached and it won't let me change the keyboard style, its just stuck on the QWERTY one, even though the option is in the menu, any ideas please? No biggy but it would be nice to change the keypad, thnx

Do you mean you want (for example) T9 keyboard in protrait mode?

If so I think the setting is in MENU > Settings > Language & Keyboard > Tuch input > Keyboard types (I think this only affects the portrait mode).

Alternatively you could give smart keyboard pro (paid app) a go that's what I'm using at the min (has Hebrew version as well I think).

Upvote 0
Had exactly the same problem - try this:

Go to Messages > New message. Then touch the screen where it says "tap to compose" or anywhere in the text area and keep your finger on the screen until you get a pop-up box that offers you "Input Method". Tap Input Method > Touch Input and you will have the standard English only keyboard that gives you the options that you are looking for as well as predictive text. To go back to multilingual keyboard if you need Hebrew again for example, simply do the same thing again and tap Input Method > Multilingual Keyboard.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones