1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Problem with keys during calls

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ejgreen, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Ejgreen

Ejgreen Member
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    Hi Guys

I am new to HTC having just upgraded to the desire HD from a Blackberry. Loving the phone (not loving the battery life so much) but I keep pressing th keys with my face while on a call. How do you stop it from happening? can you lock the keys when in calls or anything?

Any help much appreciated!

Em

Advertisement

2. landovr

landovr Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Firefighter
    Alberta Canada
    There is a sensor beside the ear speaker that is supposed to turn the screen off when you hold the phone up to your ear so that doesnt happen. You could test it by making a call and placing your finger over top of it. I looked through all the settings and I can't find anything that would disable it. I guess if its not working you might have something wrong with your handset. You could just hit the lock button on top once your in a call but that would be a pain.

3. ninja_reject

ninja_reject Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    I was using an in-call screen lock app, but I got sick of it. It worked, it was just slightly annoying, having to long-press the back key to get out of it. Now I just hit the home key, sometimes hit my lock widget to lock my phone. Sounds even more annoying than the screen lock, right? Lol, I am strange, I guess.

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
  5. sonesh

sonesh Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 2, 2010
    Coventry, UK
    I'm assuming you are new to Android, so recommend you research an app called "Tasker". It is brilliant in that it will fix any thing you think is missing from your phone.

Anyway, using Tasker, I created a profile that turns off the screen (though its listed as "System Lock" for some reason) when in a call (can be turned back on by pressing the power button), and then it turns the screen back on once call has ended.

6. SB13X

SB13X Android Expert
    None

Jun 24, 2010
    Rail Consultant
    Wigan, UK
    Just tested mine and the screen should go off when the sensor is placed within 5mm of something.