1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Problem with kitkat

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by neostyles, Jan 31, 2014.

1. neostyles

neostyles Newbie
    None

Nov 28, 2012
    Like many people, I the kitkat update kind of took a dump on my device. My proximity sensor has been acting wierd. The phone never turns on when it should, aka like when i move it away from me to use the touch pad Also, my texts and my pics from the camera ave been completely scrambled by the update. Whenever i send a text or take a picture it never gets dropped in the right place. It always gets put in a seemingly random order.

Is there anyway to rid my nexus 4 of this crap?

Advertisement

2. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Oct 29, 2013
    Male
    SysAdmin
    Huntsville, AL
    I seem to remember that you posted about a damaged screen not too long ago - did you get that sorted? It's possible that the damage (and/or subsequent repair) could have done some harm to the proximity sensor.

Have you tried performing a factory reset for good measure? Be sure to back up any needed data before you do so, and then head to Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset. Once the reset completes, test out the proximity sensor again without anything installed.

Another option (depending on how frisky you're feeling) is to reflash the factory image. That's usually the approach I take when I run into issues that are driving me nuts. You can find some really good instructions here and the latest factory image for the Nexus 4 here.

D-U-R-X likes this.
Tags: