• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with Launcher Pro

Hi everyone, new here and new to Android...
Enjoying my Galaxy S that I've had now for a couple of weeks.
Just discovered Launcher Pro, but have run into a problem even before beginning to configure it : when I try to launch Contacts from the dock I get the message "could not launch the requested activity".

Please could someone help ? :)

Many thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
I'm having same problem, but I don't quite follow your instruction.
"Long press the contacts shortcut, add a new one and select the default contacts app, then either keep its icon or use the LauncherPro one."

Contacts shortcut - do u mean the ones on the very bottom? If I long press it, I get three options as 'edit dock shortcut' 1) change shortcut 2) change icon 3)swipe gesture action.

I can go to application and long press the contacts and create 2nd contacts on the desktop but if i try to drag that to bottom window - the trash appears. Can you explain it better for noob like me? I actually starting to dislike Launcher Pro and stick with original window.

Also, side question. I rooted my phone cuz I wanted to get rid of pre-installed apps. If I unroot it, can I get my warranty back? I got my phone two days ago. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones