1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Problem with LG Esteem. Please help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mikeandrd9213, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Mikeandrd9213

Mikeandrd9213 Member
    None

Jan 7, 2014
    So I rooted my phone. Backed it up. Installed a custom ROM. And now I can't do a factory reset within the settings menu and the hard reset (hold power and volume buttons method). Is there ANY way to fix this? And also, why does it say it's a ZVG? I can't find a single ZVG Esteem at all.

Advertisement

2. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    Welcome to Android Forums. I moved this thread from Android Lounge to the sub-forum whrere root-ed versions of this phone are discussed.

Check out the stickies at the beginning of that forum for information directly relating to you.

... Thom

3. mcdoubleman

mcdoubleman Member
    None

Apr 6, 2013
    Hey buddy welcome to the forums, are you doing the hard reset right?
    what rom did you try to install? If all else fails look through the forums and try to bring your phone back to ZVD, i've never heard of ZVG? it might be a new update but chances are thats why your phone is messing up. Also, are you saying the phone cannot be turned on?

4. travioso

travioso Android Expert
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    Ocala, FL
    zvg vs zve is only a difference of basebands for up north if i'm not mistaken.. but it does exist ;) depending on where you are, you may never see it.. source is even on LG's site..

and as far as the error, once you install cwm you can not do a factory reset through the settings menu, only through cwm.. the posts on how to recover are in these forums, don't recall exactly what it was, but i believe downgrading to zvd is the fix for it..

http://androidforums.com/esteem-all...rst-exit-recovery-d-l-inside.html#post4477276

and what is the phone doing?

Tags: