• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with messages...

Cookie8462

Lurker
Aug 7, 2010
Since I installed the update, my messages dont seem to appear correctly...

It doesnt auto scroll to the last recieved message, just remains at the top, so i have to scroll through to the bottom which is incredibly frustrating.

Then whenever i used to open the keyboard to type out a reply, the message stayed rooted above the keyboard, so i coudl see the message I was replying to...

This is really quite annoying.

Is anyone have the same problem, and is there anyway to fix it or get it back to how it was?

Since I installed the update, my messages dont seem to appear correctly...

It doesnt auto scroll to the last recieved message, just remains at the top, so i have to scroll through to the bottom which is incredibly frustrating.

Then whenever i used to open the keyboard to type out a reply, the message stayed rooted above the keyboard, so i coudl see the message I was replying to...

This is really quite annoying.

Is anyone have the same problem, and is there anyway to fix it or get it back to how it was?

Im having the same problem, i dont know of any fixes for this either.

I have heard an update will be released at some point to fix this issue, when i dont know :(

Upvote 0
im also having this problem with my legend. I tried Handscent SMS and its a brilliant app. Much better then the built in sms app. So i will be using Handsent SMS from now.

P.S This app does not slow phone down at any point at all and its got tonnes more features. You will only find out when you try it.

Upvote 0
AArrrrgghhhh I came back off holiday last night to receive an update message on my phone & after updating found exactly the same thing.

Not happy now, the phone seemed to be working fine (other than the usual can't register location for weather thing - has that been sorted yet?), now it's annoying to have to scroll through all the texts.

Is Handsent SMS an Android Market app?

Cheers

Upvote 0
HTC's prompt response below:

Regarding your messages being displayed as oldest to newest instead of the newest to oldest. HTC are aware of this problem thats been caused in there update, and will be releasing a fix for this issue soon. I have informed the escalation team, but as of yet nobody can do anything (software related) to fix this issue. All i can suggest is to either wait until the update/fix arrives for your phone, or if it is a major problem, we can book your phone in for a repair which will fix this issue, but rollback your phone software to 2.1 Aside from this, the update was to improve overall performance of the device, support HTML5 and Flash on the internet, and to imporve the stabililty of sending/receiving texts.

I've now installed "handcent SMS" (alfa_Scud, yes its in the market!)

Upvote 0
Hello,

I have a HTC Legend and update my phone (to 2.1update-1) on the 3rd October 2010.

I am now experiencing the same problem as above where the default message app displays the messages, from the first recieved to the last being at the bottom. This means that I have to scroll down (hundreds) of texts every time I receive another.

Does anyone have any up-to-date information on this problem? any patches in the pipe line? Is it only the HTC Legend? I have seen a HTC Desire running the same version (2.1update-1) and it works fine.

I was considering deleting all messages and starting again but after starting to text a new number from scratch, the messages still sort first to last! so I am now skeptical that this will work.

People have recommended third party apps but I am unsure how safe these are!? i.e. can some program actually access the messages on the phone via the internet connection? What are peoples opinions / preferences?

Also, can anyone point me to info or tell me how I would go about backing up SMS messages to the computer? is it possible via HTC Sync? Then, I would like to revert back to v2.1 (no update), is this possible without sending it off to HTC?

Thanks for reading and for any help :)

Phil

Upvote 0
Im sure that now everybody is like in a paranoia - terrorist everywhere, internet hackers even in my gps navigation, everybody is very interested in what i text to my gf 'i want some pancakes for dinner today', etc..

Just install Handcent sms app and live happily. Don't worry about some noob reading what u text - it will not happen. And even if it did - whats the difference?! You really think somebody is interested that you or your girlfriend/boyfriend got stuck in a traffic jam this morning? :)

Sorry for the sarcasm, but people... You should really stop being so paranoid :) If an app was not safe, I dont think 500,000 people would have downloaded it already :]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones