1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support problem with mic (microphone)?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JohnInCackalackey, Feb 19, 2010.

1. JohnInCackalackey

Jan 18, 2010
    I searched all through the board and couldn't find anything on this problem:

When I'm talking to my wife on my Samsung Moment, she often complains she can't hear me. She says, "speak into the microphone!" Even if I speak directly into the hole in the bottom of my Moment, she still says my voice is muffled and she can't hear.

When I switch to my bluetooth earpiece she hears me perfectly. I use my bluetooth all day long (this is my work phone), but then after hours, I prefer to ditch the ear-itating earpiece.

Three questions:
    Is my Moment's mic busted?
    Is my wife hard-of-hearing?
    Must I permanently insert my earpiece, babel-fish style?

Thanks in advance...

Advertisement

2. caspertodd

caspertodd Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Network Engineer
    Murfreesboro, TN
    It really sounds like your mic is busted. From what I can tell, the Moment has a very good mic. All calls are loud and clear on the other end on my phone. Since your phone is under warranty, I would definitely exchange it.

3. JohnInCackalackey

Jan 18, 2010
    Okay, so now the problem is sporadic...

I was walking through the airport, talking on the Moment, coordinating with my wife. No bluetooth. She heard me fine this time!

She insists that the other time (calling her from a hotel) I sounded like I was "under water." It's happened before on at least one other occasion.

There's been a few intermittent problems on my Moment, things that usually go away after I power-down and re-start the phone. I'm wondering if there could be a software error that causes the mic to not work?

4. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Resource Consumer
    San Diego
    I don't know about that one dude. I'd just call it bunk and go exchange that. Might as well, it's still good for a change.