• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with multimedia dock

ku4ever2

Aug 16, 2010
Anybody having problems with bringing up the Multimedia Dock Widget/App

I have an ezstand and it is supposed to activate the home dock with a magnet...however it is very intermittent with mint.

Also, I actually see an error when the dock screen comes up (something like "Problem with loading Multimedia App"

I am guessing I might somehow have a bad version of the multimedia dock widget.. but cant seem to find a way to locate it to perhaps reinstall?

Any thoughts/advice.

Anybody having problems with bringing up the Multimedia Dock Widget/App

I have an ezstand and it is supposed to activate the home dock with a magnet...however it is very intermittent with mint.

Also, I actually see an error when the dock screen comes up (something like "Problem with loading Multimedia App"

I am guessing I might somehow have a bad version of the multimedia dock widget.. but cant seem to find a way to locate it to perhaps reinstall?

Any thoughts/advice.

I found this thread doing a search on a problem I had last night with my DX multimedia docking station. Normally I just charge my phone at night with my USB cable. But last night I just put it in the dock and went to sleep. When I got up this morning, what a mess!

My widgets were all screwed up and nothing, NOTHING would correct it. I finally had to unistall a couple of my apps that were really affected the most....smooth calendar and FolderOrganizer. These widgets had virtually disappeared to the bottom, and I could not get them back in their correct positions. They were so close to the bottom I couldn't even grab them to try to move them back up.

Anyway, an unistall and re-install corrected it, but I wasn't too pleased having to spend an hour setting everything back up in FolderOrganizer the way I had organized my apps to appear on my home screens the way I wanted them.

Has anybody else seen this problem? I'm not docking my phone anymore until I figure out a fix. I finally got my phone set the way I really like and use it the most, and don't want to spend anymore time having to do things over that shouldn't be required.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones