• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with my 3G

james81

Lurker
Aug 6, 2010
Hey guys, I just picked up the Droid incredible. From the very moment I powered it on I have always had 1 bar or no bars on 3G. If I got 2 bars it was a very rare treat, actually i think i only saw it once or twice and ive been on it alot lol.

I actually lose 3G alot and it goes into 1X mode (not even sure what that even is) and even that its only 1 or 2 bars.

This is the first time having a smartphone but its not supposed to be this bad is it?

I mean..its a 500 dollar phone and I pay 30 bucks a month for internet I would have thought it to be better :(

any thoughts please would be great :)

awesome phone nonetheless :)

I dunno if there is an error on bars showing but mine only shows 1-2 bars on average. A couple times I have seen it go to full bars. Some depends on your coverage area. I do have a tower less than a half mile from my house though and only show 1-2 bars but have great service. Verizon did switch my serice to hit a local Alltell tower which they took over and I had much better connectivity. Where I am at work at right now inside the building I will drop to 1X sometimes but overall, even with one bar and 3G the phone is blazing fast.

Reactions: james81
Upvote 0
Thanks for the respsonses guys :)

Either your phone is faulty or Verizon has very spotty coverage in your location.

ya know, I am starting to think its just my immediate area where I live. I can go 10-15 min away and a get full bars but when I sit in my driveway or house I lose my bars.

I guess there really isnt much I can do. I guess I should be thankful that I even get internet service heh;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones