• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with my Oneplus One

I ordered the Oneplus One in August and when I got it and benchmarked it with Antutu it got 47,100-47,400 and was thoroughly impressed with the phone especially after coming from the smaller old Nexus 4. Now I've been using the phone for a bit over a month now and I benchmark again with antutu and it only gets 46,000-46,500.

What is causing the performance to go down like this? Is it worth RMAing the phone for a new one in your opinion?

I ordered the Oneplus One in August and when I got it and benchmarked it with Antutu it got 47,100-47,400 and was thoroughly impressed with the phone especially after coming from the smaller old Nexus 4. Now I've been using the phone for a bit over a month now and I benchmark again with antutu and it only gets 46,000-46,500.

What is causing the performance to go down like this? Is it worth RMAing the phone for a new one in your opinion?

WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS Androidfonefan91 ! :party:

Benchmarks of ANY sort should be taken w/a grain of salt.

This article explains my statement:

The Dirty Little Secret About Mobile Benchmarks | Mostly-Tech

Even on face value,assuming you've loaded up the phone w/minimal amounts of apps & data,the drop in score is still negligible.

Your phone is fine,enjoy it. :)

Reactions: CafeKampuchia
Upvote 0
I doubt they will allow you to RMA a phone over a 1-2% drop in performance measured by synthetic benchmark apps. As Kolio says, the loss is negligible and can probably be accounted for easily due to different environments outside of a tightly controlled laboratory with fixed procedures. Even so, in a lab 1-2% would likely be considered within test variable tolerance. It's practically impossible for a human to detect such a small difference in real life usage.

The OnePlus One is a great phone. I would encourage you to forget about synthetic benchmarks and enjoy it :thumbup:

Amen! Get your self a protective cover. There are lots of them on Amazon.
:eek: Heresy! :p:D

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

There is usually a margin of error when it comes to results from benchmarks, especially with mobile devices where performance can be affected by thermals.

I would say a difference of a few thousand points is acceptable, don't worry about it.

Upvote 0
There is usually a margin of error when it comes to results from benchmarks, especially with mobile devices where performance can be affected by thermals.

I would say a difference of a few thousand points is acceptable, don't worry about it.
Yeah, I was thinking, "Throw it in the fridge for an hour and re-run the test, that'll bump it up a couple thousand!"

Upvote 0
I always figured, the more apps and services running on the device, the fewer resources will be accessible. Photo Upload and Google+ and Facebook and Twitter and Instagram are bound to have an effect too, especially if you've just purchased a phone and have started configuring it to taste.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones