1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problem with my Oneplus One

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Androidfonefan91, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Androidfonefan91

I ordered the Oneplus One in August and when I got it and benchmarked it with Antutu it got 47,100-47,400 and was thoroughly impressed with the phone especially after coming from the smaller old Nexus 4. Now I've been using the phone for a bit over a month now and I benchmark again with antutu and it only gets 46,000-46,500.

What is causing the performance to go down like this? Is it worth RMAing the phone for a new one in your opinion?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS Androidfonefan91 ! :party:

Benchmarks of ANY sort should be taken w/a grain of salt.

This article explains my statement:

The Dirty Little Secret About Mobile Benchmarks | Mostly-Tech

Even on face value,assuming you've loaded up the phone w/minimal amounts of apps & data,the drop in score is still negligible.

Your phone is fine,enjoy it. :)

CafeKampuchia likes this.
  3. mrnyjet

mrnyjet Android Enthusiast

Amen! Get your self a protective cover. There are lots of them on Amazon.

4. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Android Expert

I doubt they will allow you to RMA a phone over a 1-2% drop in performance measured by synthetic benchmark apps. As Kolio says, the loss is negligible and can probably be accounted for easily due to different environments outside of a tightly controlled laboratory with fixed procedures. Even so, in a lab 1-2% would likely be considered within test variable tolerance. It's practically impossible for a human to detect such a small difference in real life usage.

The OnePlus One is a great phone. I would encourage you to forget about synthetic benchmarks and enjoy it :thumbup:

:eek: Heresy! :p:D

KOLIO likes this.
  5. THE W

THE W Android Expert

yeah...you're gonna be ok.

6. icemanchilled

icemanchilled Member

There is usually a margin of error when it comes to results from benchmarks, especially with mobile devices where performance can be affected by thermals.

I would say a difference of a few thousand points is acceptable, don't worry about it.

7. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Android Expert

Yeah, I was thinking, "Throw it in the fridge for an hour and re-run the test, that'll bump it up a couple thousand!"

8. primetech

primetech Android Enthusiast

I always figured, the more apps and services running on the device, the fewer resources will be accessible. Photo Upload and Google+ and Facebook and Twitter and Instagram are bound to have an effect too, especially if you've just purchased a phone and have started configuring it to taste.

OnePlus One Forum

The OnePlus One release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3100mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews