1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Problem with netflix (updating)

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by agent0064life, Jun 1, 2011.

1. agent0064life

agent0064life Member
    None

May 14, 2011
    So I've had the hacked netflix apk for a while on my phone that doesn't check for the proper device, and everything has been working today.

I went to go on netflix today and it says it detected a new version, and it doesn't continue until you get the update. I go to update and it tells me the application is not found. This is because when I search the market for netflix it does not show up for my device (Lg Optimus M).

What is the fix for this problem? Maybe someone can link me to the updated netflix apk that also does not have the device check enabled so it won't ask me to update.

Advertisement

2. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    You have a hacked version of netflix while there is a new (legit) version out...how do you not see the "fix" is to have the propper version, or wait untill someone hacks the new one

3. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert
    None

Oct 6, 2009
  4. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Android Expert
    None

Nov 11, 2010
    Student
    My heartfelt response is quit using hacked apps. Great way to get Netflix to give Android the boot. Their initial hezitation with Android was ease of piracy to begin with. Don't need to give them reasons to put the community in their crosshairs.

5. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert
    None

Oct 6, 2009
    I don't worry about it myself in this case...the % of Android users in these forums is a very small % of the total Android population, and only a subset of those users who are here are going to find and get the Netflix app.

I know it seems like everyone who owns a Droid is here in the various online forums, but the vast majority are not and are unaware...I've got a lot of friends w/Droids (and these are guys/gals working for a high tech company, the population most likely to be here) and when I mentioned to them that Netflix was coming to Android they were universally unaware even of that fact, much less that a hacked apk was available.

6. wolfinstl

wolfinstl Lurker
    None

Jun 6, 2011
    I had the legit version working on my EVO running Froyo which no longer works. It's generating the update required, then update not found when you look for it in the market.

From what I can tell Sprint did an opt out upgrade to Gingerbread. Since Netflix doesn't work with Gingerbread, Netflix pulled the app for all EVO's regardless of what they were running.

Now I have to get a hacked version to work since the rocket scientist at Netflix pulled the Froyo version too. Talk about irony.