1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Problem with new 16gb card

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by fiah4funtx, May 8, 2010.

1. fiah4funtx

fiah4funtx New Member

May 8, 2010
    Hi!
    I haveJust got a 16gb card for my G1, and am having an issue. Getting error message when I try to mount card: "Damaged SD Card" ... "SD card is damaged. You may have to reformat it."
    I have reformatted the card via my laptop using a suggested SD card format program from Panasonic: SDFormatterEN2905. The card formatted ok and checks out on laptop, but when I try to mount in G1, get error message. The card is a generic 16GB TF micro SD SDHC card purchased on Ebay from site in Hong Kong.
    I have been using a PNY 8GB card with no problems, except I have now run out of space and really need to upgrade to 16gb.
    Any idea as to problem/solution?

Advertisement

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    Welcome the the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

You should just use windows file/disk utility on your PC to format the card (right mouse the card and select format) ... format it as FAT32 ... if that doesnt work ...then you just got a piece crap from china on the cheap .. also you want to buy the fastest class you can afford ... there are 2 classes ... 2, 4, and 6 6 being the fastest...

good luck

3. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Campus Safety Officer
    Earlville, NY
    Welcome to Android Forums!! :)

4. gmoney1234

gmoney1234 New Member

Feb 14, 2011
    the sdcard is blank. take a picture and the phone will save the pic. then it mounts properly. good luck