• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with new keyboard

I have the Purple LG Optimus prime for Sprint. A few days ago, I got the gingerbread 2.3 update and all.

Everything looks really nice and I like the new layout of the browser and everything like that, I Just have one problem with it.

When I try to text, I use auto-correct a lot. I have fat fingers and tend to never flip my phone to the horizontal view, but because of Android's great auto-correcting device, it was never a problem with me before.

Ever since I've had the new update, my auto-correct is nil. I don't know if it's the new keyboard, but it doesn't even look like the options to do it are the same. And things like the double spacing for a "." is gone too. I know it seems dumb, and I'm the minority in this aspect, but I tend to type with good punctuation and everything, even when it's through texting and this feature was great for me, considering you've been able to do that on Blackberry's since the beginning of time it seems like.

Is anyone else having this problem and know how to fix it? Any kind of input would be really appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones