1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

problem with nexus S

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JTK DJs, Aug 13, 2012.

1. JTK DJs

JTK DJs Lurker

Hi everyone. I have this problem with my Samsung Nexus S.
    I bought this phone about 8 months ago. It has android version 4.1.1.
    Problem came up under a week ago. It's the

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. treb1797

treb1797 Extreme Android User

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

You'll probably need to do a factory reset to wipe the phone and setup again. I've had my Nexus S since it came out and I too have Jelly Bean on it, but I did a wipe and factory reset right away and have had no issues.

4. JTK DJs

JTK DJs Lurker

Ok so how do I do this? And does this factory reset remove all apps and contacts and stuff?

5. heat57

heat57 Android Enthusiast

The factory reset will wipe all apps and data associated with the apps, however, it will not wipe the virtual SD partition which would normally contain any app backups (i.e.Titanium, ES File Explorer App backups, Pictures, Music, Videos, etc.). You can also ensure that all your data and apps are backed up to Google Servers by going to Settings > Backup & reset > tick back up my data - beware though, this would automatically restore all apps and data once you have entered your account info after the initial setup and therefore, it would restore the app(s) in question and recreate the problem. Best way would be to use a third party app for backup of apps and data such as Titanium. I personally would recommend a different approach as restoring data with your apps always is prone to problems - to renter the individual app login details is relatively quick and if you have lots of apps a simple way would be to go to your PC and reinstall the apps from your account remotely from there.

Nexus S Forum

The Nexus S release date was December 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

December 2010
Release Date
Reviews