1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problem with no service

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wanewon, Apr 19, 2012.

1. wanewon

wanewon Lurker

My s2 sometimes run into no service problem. It would be ok if the area has bad reception, but the thing is the it would still be without service even though I'm back home (going back home from an area with bad reception). The no service sign (circle with a diagonal line) would be stuck there until I restart my phone.

Has anyone experienced this problem? I have this phone for about 2 weeks.

Do you think I can swap for phone at the At&t store if I explain the issue?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Android Expert

sounds like the phone has a hard time switching cell towers when you moving between different areas. Assuming its not a problem with the phone itself, you may want to go to the store and ask them to replace the SIM card. I've seen lots of connection problems that are resolved with a simple SIM card swap.

in the meantime, you probably dont need to reboot the phone each time. If you toggle airplane mode, that should reconnect the phone to the nearest tower(s).

3. wanewon

wanewon Lurker

hmmm.

Ive tried the airplane mode trick before. It worked the first time. Last time I tried it it didnt work so I just rebooted.

I remember there was a few times the phone switched back to having service without switching to plane mode and switching back or rebooting.

maybe ICS can potentially fix the problem.

If I want to swap the phone. Do I have to do it within a 30 day period from the purchase date?

4. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Android Expert

i think you have 30 days from the date of purchase to exchange it at the ATT store. Once you pass that mark, you need to call ATT to get a replacement sent.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews