• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with phone sensors

I have the MetroPCS variant of the Avant, SM-G386T1. It's rooted, but otherwise stock, haven't changed ROM's just disabled some apps. On the latest K3 firmware w/4.4.2.
Having an issue where the phone sensors (accelerometer and proximity) will suddenly stop working, and a phone restart is required to get them going again. This will typically happen once or twice a day, and sometimes not at all. It seems random and I haven't been able to pin down any particular conditions that cause it to occur.
When this happens the phone still works perfectly otherwise, calls/data/apps etc. all work fine except for anything that uses those sensors.
I've done a factory reset and it didn't help. Searching for other similar instances yielded only a few results of Samsung phones that had this happen, with mention that the reset also didn't fix it and a possibility of it being related to the 4.4.2 update. But not really enough cases to establish any kind of certainty or pattern.
So I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem with their Avant.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones