• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with phonenumber from phonelist

danielvago

May 17, 2010
I have a problem with one of my contacts. When I go into the dialer, and start writing the letters to this contact, the only choice I have is the contact and the number with my country code in front of his number.

Only the country code, no "+" or "00", so when I try to call it can't recognise the number.

When I start to enter the first digits of his number the right number shows to the contact, and I can press and call that.

I tried to de-link the contact from Facebook, and that worked. But on Facebook he has just entered his number without any country code.

I have all my contacts linked to Facebook, and this number is the only one I have this problem with.

I also checked the number in my contact-list, and it shows as that wrong number, with countrycode in front, and when I try to edit it, it only shows me the actual phone number.

I found a handy fix for this, with this app:

Prefixer: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tftbelow.prefixer

You can setup rules for incoming and outgoing calls.

For example, I'm from Denmark where there are 8 digits in a number.

I then make a rule that says, when I'm calling a number of exactly 10 digits the prefix "+" will automatically be added to that number.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones