• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problem with pictures in gallery

hels

Lurker
Jun 5, 2012
Hi all

Suddenly my phone is messing up, any pictures that i have taken since yesterday and also pictures that i have taken with my camera today have dissapeared on my phone. When you go into the gallery it just comes up with a cracked film type picture. I only noticed it today but my pictures i took yesterday have also suddenly appeared like this even though they were fine yesterday. Ive also taken some pictures today and litteraly minutes before coming on here. The camera takes the picture perfectly, the picture appears fine but when you click on the picture to view it is just comes up as a cracked film when using xperia gallery or in the normal gallery it just says no thumbnail.

Any idea why this has occured and what i can do to fix the problem.

Below is a list of things i have tried to see if i can find out the problem but didnt work
Unmounting sd card .
Switching phone off.
Unmounting sd card, switching phone off, removing battery and sd card and then putting all back in and switching on.
Putting in another sd card.
Plugged into computer to check its fully updated.

I did update the phone to ics few months ago and have had a few problems with it since but as times gone on these problems arnt as bad as first was, but ive never had a problem with the pictures or anything before.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated
Thamk you in advance
Hels

Reactions: darmor3130

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones