1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

problem with playing video files

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by kuido, Aug 29, 2011.

1. kuido

kuido Lurker
    None

Aug 29, 2011
    When playing video files I cant really fast forward much, because it shows that my video file is only few sec or minutes long. Video plays fine and exceeds the time but if i.want to like rewind I end up back at the beginning basically.So far I hav tried 2 videos, both have same problem. Phone is xperia neo, tried both default and meridian player. I hope u understand, if not I'll take a few photos, when I get home.

Advertisement

2. Usta

Usta Android Expert
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Try MoboPlayer and use "Seek Interval" in its Settings to set the jump duration.
    I find jumps more practical than fast forward/backward.

3. kuido

kuido Lurker
    None

Aug 29, 2011
    That didnt help, in fact it was worse than others, since it only plays the displayed time. In the interest of making this more clear, i've uploaded a photo. The FF and serge&eno clips were already in phone. So anyways, i've currently put three videos in my memory card- two and a half men, that 70sshow(both esitmatedly 20 mins) and Source code(about hour and a half). All of these show that video is not as long as it should be. Ex. source code is 6 seconds. Playback is fine, but once again, if i wanna rewind or fast forward, i can only do it in the first 4 seconds(6 for source and 1 minute for that 70s show). Any help would really be appreciated.

[​IMG]

4. Usta

Usta Android Expert
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
    The new videos you put on memory card seem to be problematic, also because they don't show files sizes.
    How did you copy the files to memory card - did you do this when the phone was in Disk Drive mode USB connected to PC? It is possible, that the file transfer process was not successful.

Download MediaInfo application for PC and open the files in text mode: first the same file in PC, then the same transferred file in memory card. If there are differences, then the problem is file transfer.

5. kuido

kuido Lurker
    None

Aug 29, 2011
    Thanks for response, i'll try that later. I connected via USB cable and i do not have any software atm.

6. kuido

kuido Lurker
    None

Aug 29, 2011
    Fixed the problem by downloading proper software. Takes ages to transfer something but at least it works like it has to.