• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problem with reboot

rocker5969

Oct 22, 2011
I installed an app to my fierce - AdAway which I xferred from my laptop - and when it rebooted the phone locked up. Now it won't do anything. the led will come on if I plug the charger in, but that's all. no response to the power button at all.

any advice?

thanks in advance.

yeah, first thing I tried. that's a no-go also. nothing happens at all when I press the power button, no matter how long I hold it down. volume button pressed or not.

I tried to take it back to metro, but as an existing customer upgrade their only option was to send it back to the factory for warranty. since I rooted it, I'm leery of doing that. I was hoping someone else had figured this out.

Upvote 0
By locked do you mean it's bricked? Or secure lock message shows up. If that's what it is you need a new phone. And its not Adaway that did this, it's virtually impossible for that app to brick your phone. You did something to your phone maybe even a few days ago and now that you finally rebooted your phone it got locked or bricked.

as in nothing at all happens when I press the power button. the only thing this thing does now is the led comes on when I plug in the charger. but no matter how long it sits plugged in - nothing happens.

arrrghh!

Upvote 0
By locked do you mean it's bricked? Or secure lock message shows up. If that's what it is you need a new phone. And its not Adaway that did this, it's virtually impossible for that app to brick your phone. You did something to your phone maybe even a few days ago and now that you finally rebooted your phone it got locked or bricked.

i wonder if i bricked it by rebooting while it was still connected to the laptop? i never had a problem rebooting when hooked to the charger....

this really does suck

Upvote 0
Not sure why, but the phone discharged completely while I was at work and when I plugged it back in it started charging normally again and started working again.
I had it on the charger all night long, but nothing. I took it off the charger this morning and when I got home it fired back up.

hmmmm.... wierd

oh well, alls well that ends well i guess. Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions.

Upvote 0
Ahh yes that was an issue with this phone. Next time it happens just hold the power button and volume up or volume down, one of those and your phone will reboot. I thought by locked you meant your phone was secure locked meaning you activated a security system that prevents you from flashing files. In that case you would be screwed.

Upvote 0
Next time it happens just hold the power button and volume up or volume down, one of those and your phone will reboot.

That didn't work either. it wouldn't do anything. I've had this happen a couple of other times now, and the only thing that ever worked was to let it discharge for a couple of days until it would start taking a charge and get back to normal.

AGAIN: DO NOT REBOOT THIS PHONE WHILE IT IS TETHERED TO YOUR COMPUTER. UNPLUG IT FIRST!!!

Upvote 0
Just wanted to make sure i got your info correct. So adaway does work on the fierce? Just wanted to make sure since this phone hasnt had much development and dont want to risk bricking it till there is some way to recover it.

Yes, AdAway does work. It was not the cause of my Fierce locking up.

just remember - do not reboot this phone while it is hooked up to your computer. BAD things will happen.

Reactions: Doge
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones