1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support problem with replacement phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tomplatz, Oct 3, 2010.

1. tomplatz

tomplatz Member

Jul 25, 2010
    My phone lost 4g after the 3.29 update (not from rooting or anything else), so the Sprint store replaced it for me. I think it's a refurb, but fine.

I activate the new phone, update and run unrevoked 3.21. Life is good.

Problem 1: My 4g download speeds are now on the order of 0.8-2mbps, when I used to get 20-30mbps consistently. This is anywhere in my area, work or home, and is consistently this slow. I've updated PRL and profile.

Problem 2: My battery life is insanely bad with the same battery out of my old phone. 100% to 40% in 2 hours just sitting on the counter. All the appropriate things are done, I disabled all manual syncs, there's no obvious running apps draining it. 40% is cell standby, 30% is the Android System. Que pasa??

Anyone have any thoughts? I've even done a master reset and re-loaded everything. Same problems.

Advertisement

2. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    If your other phone didnt have 4g, and this new one isnt working properly on 4g, it could be a network problem. Call Customer Service and have them check the network and put in a trouble ticket.

The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago when sprint replaced my phone. I got horrible battery life with the new phone. A hard reset seemed to fix that.

Tags: