1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Problem with Rom Manager

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rjd262, Jul 29, 2010.

1. rjd262

rjd262 New Member

Jul 29, 2010
    I asked this in a different thread, but though I should make a new one for this.

I just rooted my phone using SimpleRoot OTA, and now I'm looking to install the Damage Control ROM. I'm new to all of this, so I might be missing some steps here.

I installed ROM Manager, and attempted to use it. It prompted me to flash clockwork, so I hit the ok button and away it went. It came back with the error message: "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!"

I'm stuck at this point. Does anyone have an idea as to why this is happening?

Advertisement

2. Cru

Cru Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    PC Tech
    Frozen Tundra
    Go to Settings > About Phone > Software Information

Is your "software number" 1.47.651.1 ?

This happened to me after doing simpleRoot and when I checked my version number on my phone it was not 1.47.651.1, it was 1.17.x.x something like that. I'm not sure what I did wrong as I followed the guide as close as possible. It could have had something to do with a file Unrevoked had left behind on my SD card.

So to remedy it I did the "second part" of the simpleRoot which took me about 5 minutes and was almost too easy. The link is here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715915

After doing these instructions I tried ROM Manager and checked my software number and it was now correct and everything was perfect.

3. rjd262

rjd262 New Member

Jul 29, 2010
    I bet that is exactly what happened to me too. Thanks! I'll go give it a shot.

4. Cru

Cru Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    PC Tech
    Frozen Tundra
    Yea no problem, make sure to let us know if it worked. I was super anal about unrevoked leaving stuff behind so I formatted my SD card (fat32) before I did step two so the only thing on my card was one file :)

rjd262 likes this.
  5. rjd262

rjd262 New Member

Jul 29, 2010
    I just finished, and I'm loading Damage Control as I type this out.

I didn't go as far as formating my card, but I did uninstall unrEVOked. I had to do the whole process on that page you linked before it would work, start to finish.

Thanks again!

6. Cru

Cru Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    PC Tech
    Frozen Tundra
    Glad you got it working :)

Tags: