• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem With S4 Headphone Output

Magnus D

Lurker
Jul 14, 2014
Hey all, new member here and my first post. I'm having a problem with my brand new Galaxy S4 which I got at the weekend.

When I try to listen to music via the built in music player with headphones, the sound just doesn't sound right at all, it sounds really distorted and weird and basically not as it should. You can barely here the singer and the music just sounds totally off.

However if i take the headphones out and play music, it sounds perfectly fine, which makes me think that its some kind of setting that needs to be changed for headphone output.

To rule out a few things-

1) Its not the headphones, as I've tried three different pairs and they all have the same issue, plus they work on other devices perfectly fine
2) Its not the MP3's as they play perfectly fine on my computer and worked fine on my S3 a few days ago.
3) Its probably not an issue with the music player itself, as I tried another MP3 player and this had the same issue.

Anyway, I'm sure that there's a simple fix for this that I'm missing, so if anybody can help that would be great. And I'm happy to provide any more info that anybody requires.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones