1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problem with Sanity App

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by congaman59, Apr 20, 2012.

1. congaman59

congaman59 Well-Known Member

I just installed mikG 3.11 and reinstalled my apps. I like using sanity on my phone to turn the speaker on when I take the phone away form my face. I can't seem to get it working now. I wonder if the new rom is not operating the proximity sensor. Is there a way to check if the sensor is on?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

try wiping dalvik cache and cache and see if that helps.

3. congaman59

No that had no effect. I also noticed when sanity starts it kills the DSP manager.It stops unexpectedly. I downloaded an app to check the proximity sensoe, and it's fine. So it must be the rom or the app. I tried to delete and reinstall the app and that had no effect.

4. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert

Have you tried to delete the apps cache and data?

5. congaman59

I tried to delete the app and it wouldn't uninstall. Then I moved it to the memory card and was able to delete it. I reinstalled it but it still isn't working.
    I also noticed now I'm getting a clock widget closed error. However I'm only on my home screen. What would cause that?

6. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert

Go to menu>settings>applications and delete app data/cache and see if that helps.

7. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

sounds like you have some kind of data issue did you restore any system data with TB?

8. congaman59

No I installed a new memory card partitioned it and installed MikG 3.11 on the new card. Then reinstalled my apps from the Play Store
    Clearing the data cash didn't work either.

9. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

Did you use the standalone 3.11 dl or did you upgrade from 3.1?

I wonder if it would help to flash the rom over itself, depending on how you installed it to begin with? I think that would replace the original kernel, if you have changed it, and do away with any theming, but leave your setup otherwise intact.

Just a question for anyone reading this. Aren't there some roms now though that do wipe ahead of flashing themselves now? Which ones are they and do they leave your setup intact or wipe everything clean?

frenchy714 and argedion like this.
  10. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

+1 for the reflash and I do think some roms do wipe however at this point i'm not sure that would be a bad Idea to wipe and reflash. seems like every step he takes then another issue is arising.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews