• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with SD Card - HTC Sensation

wrigsjo

Lurker
Jun 30, 2011
Hello
I have an HTC Sensation and I have a problem with my SD Card.
I was trying to film with my phone and all of a sudden the memory was full.
There is no music on, and only a few pictures.
It says i have about 1 GB free, It's an 8GB SD Card. And when i plug the phone to the computer and add the size of all the folders together i get almost 2 GB. So i should have around 6 left. How come i only have 1 GB left? Where are these secret files that takes up so much space on my SD Card?
How can i solve this?
Can i format the SD card and my phone will be fine or are there any files on the SD card that the phone needs?
I dont have that many apps on there cause i did a factory reset a week ago.
Its really bugging me and i hope someone can help me!

EDIT!
Problem solved! I found how to view hidden folders and apparently everything i threw in the trash on my friends Mac ended up on my phone when i used it as a disk drive.. what the heck, go to hell apple haha :D Apparently my friends Macbook thought my HTC was a trashcan, not cool Apple, Not Cool.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones