• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with SD card on Android 6

ViniciusVZR

Lurker
Mar 28, 2018
I got a new SD card, since i only use internal storage, the card would come in hand, but i don't have permission to use it, i can't put musics, videos or photos, not even using phone through PC. When try to get the permission to use the SD card the file manager only says that my permission was denied, i really need help on this.

Well getting stuff onto it from a PC is easy: if nothing else works you can pick up a USB microSD reader for very little money, then stick the card in that and just copy stuff onto it.

What file managers have you used? This used to be a problem in Android 4.4, but in 5.0 they introduced a system where an app can request full SD access and it's up to you whether to grant it. I know X-Plore works with that system as I've used that on my tablet with 5.1 (note: system apps, including a pre-installed file manager, should have this access anyway). I would expect that Solid Explorer works too because it's solid in every other respect.

Unfortunately I've no direct experience of either Asus or Android 6 (my newest device that has an SD card slot is still on 5.1), so can't say more than what in general should happen, and even that is based on 5 rather than 6.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones