• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with SD card...

ekozulu

Lurker
Dec 4, 2010
I'm running a rooted DInc, and came across a problem with my phone not being able to recognize the apps installed on my sd card. The card itself, however, is displayed as being mounted with the correct amount of allotted space. I opened the files on my card via USB, but the apps aren't showing. I've never reformatted my sd card so this current issue is puzzling to me.

Note: I tried reinstalling the apps I had on my card, but it force closes on me everytime I try opening it.

Any help would be much appreciated...thank you.

Well, I backed up all my files, formatted my sd card (FAT 32), and performed a factory reset on my phone. I reinstalled some of my old apps, and I'm still having the same problems. Some apps are force closing when I try opening it and others are force closing on their own. I'm at a complete lost as to what to do. Help a noob who's sorely missing his phone's full capabilities out...please.

Upvote 0
None of the stock apps, at this point, is acting up...but to answer your second question, I reinstalled the apps from a backup. I was wondering about that, thinking maybe I should do a fresh install. Could that be a problem? Could the backup from the sd card be permanently corrupted?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones