• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V

Songohan

Lurker
May 3, 2012
hello.

I am new here, but had to register because I wondered maybe some one had the same problem.

The situation is like this, when i bought the phone it worked fine, and i updated to latest version of android 4... smthn....

And now it works fine, but the problem is when I lock my phone - it goes to sleep mode and while the display is black, periodically it flashes back up, like i am touching it or pressing some button while it is locked.

So any1 had this problem? It starts to annoy me...
Or maybe it is phones malfunction and i should give it back and replace it?

xperia sucks. Can not handle simple things that were available in nokia.
1) send contact as text is not available.
2) forgot to include groups options for contacts.
3) expects that you will download three hundreds apps each doing a simple function that was available in nokia.
4) No easy way to organize your sms in folders. Need to have an app that does it in a convoluted fashion requiring too many clicks.
5) Tried several apps for groups management. None does the automatic thing available in nokia for groups management, no search option for selecting from thousands of contacts in the go sms/expandable app.
6) on and on.
7) there is no help
8) Need to spend days on forums like these to get to do a simple thing.
9) I am lamenting my decision

Upvote 0
xperia sucks. Can not handle simple things that were available in nokia.
1) send contact as text is not available.
2) forgot to include groups options for contacts.
3) expects that you will download three hundreds apps each doing a simple function that was available in nokia.
4) No easy way to organize your sms in folders. Need to have an app that does it in a convoluted fashion requiring too many clicks.
5) Tried several apps for groups management. None does the automatic thing available in nokia for groups management, no search option for selecting from thousands of contacts in the go sms/expandable app.
6) on and on.
7) there is no help
8) Need to spend days on forums like these to get to do a simple thing.
9) I am lamenting my decision

LEARN BEFORE COMPLAINING

THERE IS ALWAYS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DRIVING IN AUTOMATIC CAR RATHER THAN DRIVING HI-TECH CAR...

You have just experienced automatic system which is simple that is nokia means (symbian firmware) ok why dont you try nokia WINDOWS.. FIRST TRY IT.

Android is a hi-tech operating system which is open for every one anybody can develop there own app and share it or sell it on market..

nokia symbian is out-dated it is best for illiterate persons

Upvote 0
hello.

I am new here, but had to register because I wondered maybe some one had the same problem.

The situation is like this, when i bought the phone it worked fine, and i updated to latest version of android 4... smthn....

And now it works fine, but the problem is when I lock my phone - it goes to sleep mode and while the display is black, periodically it flashes back up, like i am touching it or pressing some button while it is locked.

So any1 had this problem? It starts to annoy me...
Or maybe it is phones malfunction and i should give it back and replace it?

its not a problem i think you have ticked screen updates option JUST go to settings-Developer option-tap un-tick if it is ticked-show screen updates

Upvote 0
hi every1 :)
PLease help me with the prob i face in Xperia Neo v.
I m unable to play games from gameloft like GT motor racing academy.
It exits the game as soon as i start playing it..
i downloaded it via wifi but still i m facing a lot of problem..
please help me with dis..

Does this only happens with Gameloft's games?

I'm facing the same problem with "Race, Stunt, Fight." with my Neo V

Upvote 0
Fox, I need someone help, I am started to be desperate...

I have problem with my NeoV which truly anoy me.

First, it in the middle of conversation lose connection or something like that, but result is ended call. It is realy problem to me because I need reliable phone and this NeoV with that problem isnt.
I have network coverage so that shouldnt be a problem, and all other phones on same location work well.

Also, that phone have another problem, and that is SMS problem.
From time to time it simply dont want to send SMS to a specific contact, and that SMS arrive some couple of hours later(sometimes whole day later).

You must admit that this problems make this phone unusable and make me totaly dissapointed in Sony, and sometimes it make me think of old Nokia with buttons that I put away.

And suggestion is wellcome

Upvote 0
Fox, I need someone help, I am started to be desperate...

I have problem with my NeoV which truly anoy me.

First, it in the middle of conversation lose connection or something like that, but result is ended call. It is realy problem to me because I need reliable phone and this NeoV with that problem isnt.
I have network coverage so that shouldnt be a problem, and all other phones on same location work well.

EXACTLY...Me too facing same problem with my xperia neo V.Call disconnection is so frequent at times that I feel like throwing my phone against wall.Service centre has updated software so many times and I have changed the SIM also but situation has not improved.Also mute getting activated during call on its own and sometimes speaker gets on.It feels terrible.I really dont know whats the solution.Can some expert throw some light on this issue? Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones