1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problem with start while I was trying to change rom.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hikamare, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Hikamare

Hikamare Lurker

Hello. I hope that I'm in the right place, so..

A few days ago I had a problem with my Samsung Galaxy Y, I had error reports from every single application that was running it. I have found information that I have to re-install my android so that was what I was trying to do. I rooted my phone, everything seems fine but then, a friend of mine told me to install new system by updating it from SD card. And that was my biggest mistake.
    Now my phone don't want to boot, it bricks at the "Samsung Galaxy Y" logo and freezes. Then I was told to try install it via Odin, which is a good idea, but I got another problem :

I'm turning on a download mode and that's what I get :

So I'm pressing up to make my phone visible to PC and while I'm pressing start in Odin I get this message :
    [​IMG]

Does anyone here know how to help me ? :(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hikamare

Hikamare Lurker

I'm refreshing topic, maybe someone can help me :)

3. murali5115

murali5115 Lurker

Hi Friend,

I am also facing the same problem. am also using the same samsug galaxy y.but after changing that to download mode am unable to connect my phone to pc its saying "unknown device" so have u used any drivers for that.

Please let me know asap my phne was blocked and i dont have communication with anyone.

4. nightwing90

nightwing90 Well-Known Member

First need to install samsung USB driver or latest kies version..also for flashing back to stock rom just visit this thread..all details are included

Also download the firmware from this page coz from this type firmware only works with galaxy y

Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1465800

Samsung Galaxy Y Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Y release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.0" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1200mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews