• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problem with SU included with JagerROM

odlay75

May 7, 2010
So I installed the JagerROM over the weekend, and today I had a problem with the SU program included not working. This sucks because now I can not back anything up or do anything that requires SU prives. The SU program just force closes when it comes up in any program that needs it. I downloaded another SU program but the old one always comes up. Is there a way to change this or uninstall the other one. I found the same one in the market but it wont install. Maybe cause its read only? Any help is appreciated.

I did do that, but the other one always comes up on all the applications instead of the new one I pushed. Did you experience this?

Try replacing the Superuser.apk AND the su file. you cant have 2 of either of these files at once. if youre pushing one to the phone, it overwrites the previous. their cant be an old one running behind a new one, unless youre pushing it incorrectly.

Upvote 0
Ok random tried to uninstall it via adb in SU and it said file system was read only. It then froze my phone. I pulled the battery, and guess what the first thing that came up. Superuser to allow titanium backup to run. I allowed always now I can backup not quite sure why its working now since I did multiple battery pulls before and it didnt work. Oh well it works now. Thanks everyone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones